Akita Inu Fureaidokoro in Senshu Park, a place in Ninomaru Square in Senshu Park where you can meet with Akita Inu provided by their proud owners in the Akita Chuo Chapter of the Akita Inu Preservation Society, is open again this year!
One dog will normally be available, while two dogs will be available during Kanto Festival, when a cruise ship is in port, and other special times!
Akita Inu-related merchandise is also available for purchase at a shop at Ninomaru by courtesy of the Akita Inu Preservation Society and Odate City!
- Open every day from May 5 (Wed) to November 7 (Sun), 2021.
- Hours: 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (break time: noon to 12:30 p.m./1:30p.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
- Location: Ninomaru Square in Senshu Park
※Please understand that it may not be possible to touch the dog when it is not feeling well.
※The number of people allowed in or allotted time may be restricted, and additional break time may be taken depending on the number of visitors or other factors.
※It may be closed temporarily due to bad weather or some other reasons.
Summary of Akita dog
It is the only large dog among the six breeds of Japanese dog that have been designated as natural monuments.
It has a calm demeanor and deep affection for its owner. It is a clever breed of dog that does not bark needlessly.
Akita Convention & Visitors Bureau, Tel: 018-824-8686
Akita Dog Visitor Center (Odate City) .
Odate City is the birthplace of the faithful dog Hachiko, and Akita Inu.
Why not visit Odate City, the home of the Akita Inu?
- Akita Inu Fureaidokoro in Senshu Park
- Phone Number:
- Akita Convention & Visitors Bureau：018-824-8686 ／ Akita City Tourism and Cultural Sports Department Tourism Promotion Division：018-888-5602
- Senshu Park, Akita City
- Open every day when operational (it may be closed temporarily due to inclement weather, or some other reasons)
- Business Hours:
- 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.